Mathematica 6.0 vs SELinux?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77668] Mathematica 6.0 vs SELinux?
  • From: Pavel Pokorny <Pavel.Pokorny at vscht.RemoveMe.MeToo.cz>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:16:55 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mathematica friends

when installing Mathematica 6.0 in Fedora 7 of RHEL5 Linux
I get the warning that Mathematica conflicts with the
SE (Security Enhenced) feature of Linux.

How can a mathematical software conflict with security issues?
I do not find it a good idea to limit the security today.

Wolfram reccommends
  http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/general/selinux.html
but there Mathematica 5.2 is described and explanation is given.

Can someone explain the conflict between Mathematica 6.0 and SELinux?

Thanks for any help

--
Pavel Pokorny
Math Dept, Prague Institute of Chemical Technology