Mathematica 6.0 vs SELinux?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77668] Mathematica 6.0 vs SELinux?
- From: Pavel Pokorny <Pavel.Pokorny at vscht.RemoveMe.MeToo.cz>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:16:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Czech Technical University
Dear Mathematica friends when installing Mathematica 6.0 in Fedora 7 of RHEL5 Linux I get the warning that Mathematica conflicts with the SE (Security Enhenced) feature of Linux. How can a mathematical software conflict with security issues? I do not find it a good idea to limit the security today. Wolfram reccommends http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/general/selinux.html but there Mathematica 5.2 is described and explanation is given. Can someone explain the conflict between Mathematica 6.0 and SELinux? Thanks for any help -- Pavel Pokorny Math Dept, Prague Institute of Chemical Technology http://www.vscht.cz/mat/Pavel.Pokorny