Re: Trouble with TraditionalForm in Mathematica 6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77708] Re: Trouble with TraditionalForm in Mathematica 6.0
  • From: Andreas.Brinkmann at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:36:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 5, 12:47 pm, Dan <environ... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a trouble with Mathematica :  I write
> 2/3
> and I see :
> http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1224/figure2qj5.png

Hi Dan,

I have exactly the same problem, however I am working under Gentoo
Linux. I had a look under Edit->Preferences->Advanced. I opened the
Option Inspector and looked at Formatting Options->Font Options-
>PrivateFontOptions. Here under "FontType" I could choose between
"Bitmap", "Outline" and "NoTrueType". If I choose the latter then I
can see the "/@#" characters again. However the overall quality feels
slightly worse.

Could you please check whether that works for you as well?

/Andreas