- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77759] StringReplace
- From: Bruce Colletti <vze269bv at verizon.net>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:26:55 -0400 (EDT)
Re Mathematica 6.0 under WinXP.
Create variable X by:
- Punching the summation button in the BasicMathInputPalette
- Filling in the blanks: index i goes from 1 to n, with term f[i]
- Enclose the whole thing between double quotes, thus making X a string variable (or so I thought)
Now I want to replace n by 3, and so enter:
The output includes a pink box that replaces the sigma and its bounds. Thankfully, the f[i] appears.
What causes this output and how can I get X to appear, although with n replaced by 3?
Prev by Date:
Re: Controlling size of manipulate panel
Next by Date:
Is TableForm broken?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: