Re: Are comments safe inside notebook cells

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg77770] Re: Are comments safe inside notebook cells
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:32:33 -0400 (EDT)

6.0 doesn't make one improvement that would have been useful. Namely it
throws away the comments when converting between various forms.

Here is an input cell:

f[x_] :=
 Module[{c = 3},
  (* Add c = 3 to x *)
  x + c]

Select the cell and use Ctrl-Shift-I or Ctrl-Shift-T to convert the cell to
InputForm or TraditionalForm. The comment is lost.

David Park
djmpark at

news:f4tiv5$fg5$1 at