Re: FFT of the piecewise step function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77815] Re: FFT of the piecewise step function
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:10:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
Peng Yu wrote:
> mask[x_] := UnitStep[-(x - 1/2)(x + 1/2)(x - 3/2)(x + 3/2)]
> freq[Ã¹_] := FourierTransform[mask[t], t, Ã¹]
> The solution of freq includes several DiracDelta functions, which
> should cancel out.
> I'm wondering if there is anyway to make mathematica cancel them out.
Without more detail, I would advice to try *FullSimplify*.
Prev by Date:
Re: 6.0 Get Graphics Coordinates...
Next by Date:
Trying to export two column table to text file
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: FFT of the piecewise step function
Next by thread:
A question about RegionFunction in ver. 6.0