Animate (v.6)

Does anybody knows if there's a way to control if animation is running
within Animate (v.6)? Something like ControlActive in Manipulate.
I would like to start some action when the animation is running and
some other action when the animation have been stopped.

It seems quite simple but I haven't found an answer or a hint on how
to do it yet.
Thanks
Luca Roberto