Re: Combination List

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77927] Re: Combination List
  • From: "Bruno Campanini" <BC at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:24:26 -0400 (EDT)

"Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f58bk7$6ve$1 at smc.vnet.net...

> I believe the last line is a typo (otherwise your request does not make
> any sense).

Yes it is.
Thank you Jean-Marc and thanks to the other fellows.
I got a number of good solutions to my question.

May I go on...
What if I can have one or more repeated elements in subsets?
That is the number of combinations of 3 elements out of 4
- with one or more duplicated elements - is Binomial[4+3-1,3] = 20

How can I get the list?

Bruno