Re: A question about RegionFunction in ver. 6.0

In V6.0 we have added support for "jumps" and some singularities. Look
at the Exclusions option documentation.
Not all "expected" cases are handled automatically, as in Plot[Tan[x],
{x,0,4Pi}], but the following will work: Plot[Tan[x],{x,
0,4Pi},Exclusions->{Cos[x]==0}], the reason for this is a technical
one, but we expect to extend the Automatic handling in future
releases.

For curves and surfaces, Exclusions handling allows to generate plots
without the vertical filling lines/polygons. You can still style them
if needed with ExclusionsStyle. I am not aware of any other program
that would allow you to remove these cases as clean as we are doing in
V6.0.

Ulises
WRI, Inc.