Re: A question about RegionFunction in ver. 6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77931] Re: A question about RegionFunction in ver. 6.0
  • From: ulises <ulises at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:26:32 -0400 (EDT)

In V6.0 we have added support for "jumps" and some singularities. Look
at the Exclusions option documentation.
Not all "expected" cases are handled automatically, as in Plot[Tan[x],
{x,0,4Pi}], but the following will work: Plot[Tan[x],{x,
0,4Pi},Exclusions->{Cos[x]==0}], the reason for this is a technical
one, but we expect to extend the Automatic handling in future
releases.

For curves and surfaces, Exclusions handling allows to generate plots
without the vertical filling lines/polygons. You can still style them
if needed with ExclusionsStyle. I am not aware of any other program
that would allow you to remove these cases as clean as we are doing in
V6.0.

Ulises
WRI, Inc.