search for an operator in an expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78103] search for an operator in an expression
  • From: Daniel <danielmaxin at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:03:04 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a way to search for an operator in a symbolic expression? My wish is to show that there is only "+" in a very large expression. Rather than showing an expression on multiple pages I would like to perform a search that shows there is only "+" between the terms. Converting to a string does not seem to work since the expression is written on multiple lines(fractions, exponents etc..)

Thanks