Re: HELP IN RECURSIVE ESTIMATION WITH MATHEMATICA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78122] Re: HELP IN RECURSIVE ESTIMATION WITH MATHEMATICA
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:12:48 -0400 (EDT)

Cecilia Maria Caruso wrote:
> Hallo,
> I'm Cecilia Caruso, an italian management engineer who is going to take her II level degree. I'm studying for my final work in Statistical Quality Control and i need some informations.
>
> My teacher used a sigmoidal model to study a process and she used fitting tools of Mathematica to manage and study the data.
> Now i have to perform CUSUM and CUSUMQ tests on it, to test the constancy of parameters vector along the time.
>
> I must use a "recursive least squares" estimation method to perform the tests. I must use this method because the tests involve recursive residuals. I have a "Mathematica 5.1" version and i can't see if it's possible to perform these tests with your software.
> Can you help me? Is it possible to perform these tests with Mathematica 5.1?
> Thank you so much
> Greetings,
> Cecilia Maria Caruso

> Scegli infostrada: ADSL gratis per tutta l=92estate e telefoni senza canone Telecom
> http://click.libero.it/infostrada

This is a bit like looking at a hammer and asking if it would be
suitable for constructing a particular kind of garden shed!

It is possible that someone has a package that does what you require,
but otherwise you will have to program Mathematica to do what you want.

I would be very cautious about using any computerised mathematical
method without having a reasonable understanding of what it is trying to
do, and how it should be applied to your application. Don't just use
some software like a black box!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk