How to save/export a Manipulate[...] run to a movie file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78332] How to save/export a Manipulate[...] run to a movie file?
  • From: Nasser Abbasi <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:32:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hello;

I have a small notebook which does a Manipulate[....], where I 'run'
it for some simulation time, and I need to save this run to a movie
file (format not important, quick time or avi etc....) so I can send
it to someone.

Is there a way to do this from within Mathematica other than doing a
recording screen capture of the window itself in which this command is
running in?

I know of course I could save this as a Mathematica .nbp file and have
someone run it inside Mathematica player.  But I think it is simpler
if one can save an example run to a movie file first.

Any idea if this is possible to do from inside Mathematica? I looked
at the  documentation, and I can't see any example of how to do this.

thanks,
Nasser