Re: Re: Why use Java in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg78318] Re: [mg78253] Re: Why use Java in Mathematica?
- From: "厉正吉" <zhengji.li at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:25:45 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
David, On 6/27/07, David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com> wrote: > As in Murray Eisenberg's post above, I wouldn't suggest this as you > may find unintended consequences.... (I don't konw what they might > be, but without a full architecture map of the Mathematica system, you > can't be sure that you won't break something). Luckly, nothing serious happens till now to me. > As for " I am afraid that one day, Mathematica will use Java to build > their interface, for cross-platform", I think that the proper phrase > for this is "Bloody unlikely!" The system is cross platform currently > and to regress to java for all that WRI has put into Mathematica's > development would be against the fundamental design of the system. I hope so. > --David > A WorkLife FrameWork > http://scientificarts.com/worklife > Now Mathematica 6 compatible... > >