Power Spectrum 2D field

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78298] Power Spectrum 2D field
  • From: matteo.convertino at unipd.it
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:15:25 -0400 (EDT)

Is there someone who can help me to calculate and plot the power spectrum
of a 2D field?
I have already calculated the power spectral density (it's a 3D function)
of the matrix through the FFt of the same matrix, you can use various
techniques, for example using the periodogram, but now i need the power
spectrum of the field so...? How can i do?

(PS: for example in turbulence you give a 3D field and you can compute the
power spectra, how? Therefore I am in the 2D input case)

Is there someone who have already done any Mathematica routine?

Thank you very much,

Matteo.

     Matteo Convertino

     PhD student, advisors: Prof. Andrea Rinaldo and Prof. Amos Maritan
     IMAGE Dept. and International Center for Hydrology "Dino Tonini"
     Via Loredan 20, I-35131 Padova
     Graduate School in Civil and Environmental Engineering Sciences
     University of Padova, Italy

     http://digilander.libero.it/matconv/
     http://digilander.libero.it/matconv/ThesisMaterials.html
     http://www.image.unipd.it/scuola_di_dottorato/