Re: Beginner--Problem with FilledPlot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg73805] Re: Beginner--Problem with FilledPlot
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 06:07:39 -0500 (EST)

Everything works fine for me!

Quit the kernel and try again!

<< "Graphics`FilledPlot`"

FilledPlot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2*Pi}]
(*plot to be displayed*)

[If you still face problems I believe there must be a problem with the
in your Mathematica copy!]

Of course you can change the look of the graphic.

Some useful links for beginners are (apart the relevant material in
the Help Browser of course!):

Also I highly recommend you to purchase the book:

"The Beginner's Guide to Mathematica Version 4"

Jerry Glynn and Theodore Gray

Their writting skills are fantastic; you will never get bored of
reading before you finish the book!

Good lack with Mathematica!

Best Regards

=CF/=C7 anash at =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5:
> Hello Forum,
> I'm a new mathematica 5.2 user (under windows xp) and am just trying to g=
et to grips with plotting functions etc. I've found somthing very odd happe=
ning that I cant really explain.
> the function
> Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}] produces the expected Sine wave on a 2D graph,
> However, when I try
> << Graphics`FilledPlot`
> FilledPlot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}]
> I get nothing but a bare set of axes (of the correct dimensions). The ori=
ginal plot line is not even there!