Interrupt Service Routines in Mathematica v.5.2?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73824] [mg73824] Interrupt Service Routines in Mathematica v.5.2?
  • From: "Januk" <ggroup at sarj.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 06:11:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Is it possible to create an interrupt service routine in Mathematica v.
5.2?  While running a long calculation, I want to define some other
code that can be triggered by some event external to the calculation.
On completion of the interrupt service routine, the main calculation
should automatically resume with little or no knowledge that the
interrupt ever occurred.

The first place I would like to use this would be to monitor a long,
complicated calculation in a loop.  Each iteration through the loop
may be too slow (or too fast) for me to simply display diagnostic
information once per iteration.  I would rather display the
information every x-seconds, or when the user presses a button.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Januk