Number of digits

Good afternoon,
	How can I force Mathematica to output an answer with a certain number of
significant digits ? What I mean is I want the answer of, let say, 1.0 / 3
to be output in Mathematica as 0.33 for example. The reason I want to do
that is that I am making a table (using TableForm) of a list of answers to
use in a report. I do not want to see 0.33333 in the table just 0.33 !
	I could use SetPrecision[1./3, 2], but I do not want to do that for every
calculation. I have looked at $MachinePrecision and all other $.... , but I
cannot make sense out of it.
	So what I am trying to do, in a nut shell, is do what can be done with a
pocket calculator, set my "visible" answer with a certain number of digits!

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Pigeon
TZ = -5