Re: analytic integration of InterpolatingFunction compositions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74065] Re: [mg74046] analytic integration of InterpolatingFunction compositions
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 04:37:48 -0500 (EST)

It is interesting that the result of Integrate on the
InterpolatingFunction is just unevaluated (heh, after the smoke of a
bunch of burning rule conditions clears) because the documentation for
NIntegrateInterpolatingFunction specifically mentions the following:

If you simply need to find the integral of an InterpolatingFunction
object (as opposed to a function of one), it is better to use
Integrate because this gives you the result which is exact for the
polynomial approximation used in the InterpolatingFunction object.