Re: Multi-core Support in Mathematica 5.2

dwadding at atl.lmco.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wolfram advertises version 5.2 as being multi-core capable.  When I
> use the standard vectorized operations I can only get things to run on
> one core.  Can some one tell me exactly which Mathematica functions
> can actually exploit multi-core?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Hello,

Here is a link with some details:

http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/newin52/multicore.html

I suspect it is hard to parallelise ordinary code - even functional code
- because I can't imagine the kernel can run on more than one thread!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk