plot of "marginal distributions" of scatter plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74112] plot of "marginal distributions" of scatter plot
  • From: Claus <claus.haslauer at web.de>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 06:56:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I'd like to plot the "marginal distributions" of a scatterplot just on
the sides of the scatterplot.
I'd like to have something similar to this (the "Axis bar plot"), but
with mathematica:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~sjm217/projects/graphics/

so far I've come up with this:
Show[GraphicsArray[{{Histgr1, ScatPlot1}, {, Histgr2}}]]
which admittedly is  lame. However I am new to mathematica, so I wonder
if anybody has better suggestions.

Thanks,
Claus