Noob evaluation question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74144] Noob evaluation question
  • From: "heycarnut" <heycarnut at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:08:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi -

Helping a buddy out with a small application, and I'm drawing a blank
on the following.

Given :

   Position[{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}, _?(# <= Random[Integer, {1,
9}] &)]

How can we make the generated random number 'fixed' for the evaluation
of Position, instead of a new number getting generated at each element
of the list (the above is a simplified and contrived example.)

Thanks
Rob