Re: SphericalPlot3D doesn't work

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74286] Re: SphericalPlot3D doesn't work
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 02:03:24 -0500 (EST)

David wrote:
> SphericalPlot3D doesn't work for me.
> I HAVE loaded the graphics package. it just returns the same input as though I am defining a function:
> IN: << Graphics`ParametricPlot3D`
>     SphericalPlot3D[2, {theta, 0, Pi}, {phi, -Pi, Pi}]
> OUT: SphericalPlot3D[2, {theta, 0, Pi}, {phi, -Pi, Pi}]
> I've seen that other people have had this problem but I haven't seen a solution anywhere.
> Please help, cheers,
> Dave

Works fine on my system. Start a new kernel, then evaluates the
following expressions:

5.2 for Microsoft Windows (June 20, 2005)

Remove[SphericalPlot3D]; (* Just in case you have some conflicting
definition automatically loaded during the initialization *)
SphericalPlot3D[2, {theta, 0, Pi}, {phi, -Pi, Pi}];

[...graphic of a colored sphere deleted...]