Re: How to choose real positive solutions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg74307] Re: [mg74291] How to choose real positive solutions?
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:44:43 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
soln = NSolve[eqns, x]; Select[soln,FreeQ[x/.#,Complex]&&(x/.#)>0&] Bob Hanlon ---- mandix <mdix at tulane.edu> wrote: > Hi, > suppose I want to solve a system of 3 equations and 3 unknowns > (polynomial of degree whatever, say n). Is there a way to tell NSolve > to return only real and positive solutions (and ignore the rest)? > > thanks you so much, > > Manfred