Re: How to choose real positive solutions only?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg74367] Re: How to choose real positive solutions only?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:51:28 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi Manfred, you can use Reduce with the domain: Reals. Daniel Dix, Manfredo A wrote: > Hello, > this question probably came up before, but anyway: > > suppose I have a system of 3 equations and 3 unknowns, > which I want to solve numerically with NSolve. > They are polynomial of degree "n" so that I get n solutions. > > Is there a way to tell Mathematica to just return the > real positive solutions, and dismiss the imaginary and negative > ones? > > thank you so much for any help, > cordially, > > Manfred > mdix at tulane.edu > >