Re: Whitespace weirdness.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74390] Re: Whitespace weirdness.
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:04:10 -0500 (EST)

if I copy your code to my notebook, I get twice exactly the same

expressions. However, I get an error message because of the following

try this in a notebook and you will see that this superficially correct

syntax will create an error. The reason is, that the frontend will

execute a line if it contains a valid expression. Function[...] is a

valid expression and returns itself. However, the next line [argument]

is not a valid expression and is rejected.

However, what I can not explain is, that the continuation character

(backlash) is not working in this case. Has anybody a good idea? Is it a