Re: notebook as TXT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74471] Re: notebook as TXT
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 01:16:28 -0500 (EST)

On 3/21/07 at 2:53 AM, bar at ANTYSPAM.ap.krakow.pl wrote:

>When i try to save a notebook as tex ( SAVE SPECIAL) the *.m file
>sometimes is in "readable" form, but sometimes not !

>I want to save file as normal  text because I need to put it on
>remote machine without permission to X session.

The entry in the save special menu is TeX and this is not text.
TeX is a markup structure designed to create publication quality
output when compiled correctly.

You didn't say precisely what you want to do with the file. So,
I am not sure what to suggest. Normally, if I want to edit the
file in a text editor for some purpose, I use the Save as
Special->Package Format. The key thing to remember when saving
with this format is only the initialization cells are saved to
the .m file.