Re: Advice for writing small Scheme interpreter

wooks wrote:
> I need to write a very small Scheme interpreter in Mathematica to
> complete my project.
>
> How can I stop Mathematica from evaluating statements so that they can
> be parsed in their raw form by the interpreter code.
>
> For example I don't want (+ 7 8) converted into 56 before I can parse
> it.

What you want is to modify Mathematica main evaluation loop. The
following section of the Mathematica book should explain it all.
See section "2.14.1 The Main Loop" at
http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-2.14.1

Also, check the documentation for $Pre and the like.

Regards,
Jean-Marc