Re: Inverse of arbitrary functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74582] Re: [mg74497] Inverse of arbitrary functions
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:00:20 -0500 (EST)

It is worth pointing out that /; and -> are not symbols. They are more
like infix operators, such as +, -, /, etc... The main difference is
that /; and -> only join two other pieces of syntax, while + can be
used to join two or more pieces of syntax.

After transformation to an expression, the result of 1+a+b is
Plus[1,a,b], whcih you can check by using FullForm. The result of 1/;a
is Condition[1,a].

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/