Re: Inverse of arbitrary functions

It is worth pointing out that /; and -> are not symbols. They are more
like infix operators, such as +, -, /, etc... The main difference is
that /; and -> only join two other pieces of syntax, while + can be
used to join two or more pieces of syntax.

After transformation to an expression, the result of 1+a+b is
Plus[1,a,b], whcih you can check by using FullForm. The result of 1/;a
is Condition[1,a].

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/