how to pass a document to word

Hi,
I need to pass a document for post-processing and assembling which is
done with Word and MathType. A pdf file generated with PrimPDF is fine
for itself but when converted to .doc format formulas are lost and. I
also tried .rtf, and .doc for word (from Publicon). I am able to open
these files on the machine where were generated (with Mathematica) but
on other machines any formatting is lost. Any advice, please?
Thanks, Ted