comments in import files

Hi,

I would like to know if Mathematica can handle comments in import files.
In particular, I would like to add lines of comments to an
<emptyspace>-separated
ASCII table (say, "results.dat") that I produced with other programs.
However,
I can't seem to find anything on how to write these comments in such a way
that
Mathematica's function, used as

Import["results.dat","Table"];

does not complain. Help is appreciated.