comments in import files

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74624] comments in import files
  • From: "beheiger" <beheiger at>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 04:36:54 -0500 (EST)

I would like to know if Mathematica can handle comments in import files.
In particular, I would like to add lines of comments to an
ASCII table (say, "results.dat") that I produced with other programs.
I can't seem to find anything on how to write these comments in such a way
Mathematica's function, used as

does not complain. Help is appreciated.

Regards, Andy