Re: Which Mathematica product

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74672] Re: Which Mathematica product
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:03:35 -0500 (EST)

Jon Harrop wrote:
> Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>> NO, you do NOT lose any capabilities with the Student Version, whether
>> the ordinary license or a year-long or semester-long license!
> Do the student versions have MathLink?

Yes. MathLink is mentioned in this document [1], although not
explicitly, "[...] Connect to Java, .NET, and other languages" and
documents [2, 3] explain the differences in terms of price and licensing
options, "Mathematica for Students is a fully functional version of
Mathematica but at a low student price. It runs at the same speed,
produces the same output, and is identical in functionality to the
professional version of Mathematica. Its distinctions include ..."

[1] "Features and Benefits of Mathematica for Students"

[2] "How is Mathematica for Students different from the professional
version of Mathematica?"

[3] "What is the difference between the Student and Professional
versions of Mathematica?"