cont.time markov model

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74673] cont.time markov model
  • From: Ömür TOSUN <omurtosun at>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:26:12 -0500 (EST)

first i'm using mathematica...

i'm modelling a maintenance system with contiunuous time markov-model. i
have 2 maintenance treshold values (n and k, k>n), and 3 types of
maintenance activities(minimal, preventive and corrective).

i write all my stages in respect to first stage P(0,0), and then as we
know that the sum of all the stages is 1, i rewrite P(0,0) like

my transition probabilities are mean time between inspection, mean time
between failures, mean duration of inspections - minimal maintenance -
corrective main. - preventive main..

i write availability equation and i want to find the optimal mean time
between inspection which max. availability and to draw graphs like
availability-mean time between inspections , availability-preventive
maint. treshold.. without giving any numerical values if it's possible

i try to solve the dA/d?in but i couldn't draw it...

i hope you understand my problem..

best regards..