Logical comparisons of items in a two lists

Hello:

I have two lists of real numbers, a & b.  I want two compare
individual items in one list to the corresponding items in the other
list.  For example Is a[[1]] > b[[1]]. At the end of the comparisons,
I want to count the "Trues".  I know how to do this use a "Table"
statement and a "Count" statement.  Is there a quicker, more efficient
way of counting the number of "Trues".

Thanks

Larry