Re: elimination of a real variable from a complex function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75452] Re: elimination of a real variable from a complex function
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 03:25:11 -0400 (EDT)

HI Gautam,

First, note that there is a syntax error:... * Cos*(k*z + ...

Further, the integral must give -I \[lambda]. Therefore, if you

calculate the series of the integral around \[lamda]==0, all

coefficients except the linear one are zero. If you are lucky, this may

give you equations that allow you to determine the constants.

hope this helps, Daniel