Re: FrameLabel-type axes labels without setting Frame->True

This setting of Frame option was undocumentated until now.
(search in my archives for relevant questions of mine).

But it is well documentated in the new version. See here

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/Frame.html

Here are all possible combinations

In[20]:=
frs = Tuples[{True, False}, 4]

Out[20]=
{{True, True, True, True}, {True, True, True, False}, {True, True,
False, True}, {True, True, False, False},
  {True, False, True, True}, {True, False, True, False}, {True, False,
False, True}, {True, False, False, False},
  {False, True, True, True}, {False, True, True, False}, {False, True,
False, True}, {False, True, False, False},
  {False, False, True, True}, {False, False, True, False}, {False,
False, False, True}, {False, False, False, False}}

And here are the respective graphs.

In[28]:=
(Plot[x, {x, -2, 2}, Axes -> False, PlotStyle -> Thickness[0.01],
Frame -> #1, PlotLabel -> ToString[#1]] & ) /@ frs;

Cheers
Dimitris

=CF/=C7 Andrew Moylan =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5: