Re: General::obspkg and "Compatibility Guide"???

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75678] Re: General::obspkg and "Compatibility Guide"???
  • From: Igor Antonio <igorantonio at>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:58:17 -0400 (EDT)

On May 6, 1:12 am, beckman <bc.beck... at> wrote:
> Hello -- I'm trying to get my old notebooks to work in Mathematica 6. I use
> "TranslateShape," for instance, just about everywhere.
> "TranslateShape" used to be defined in Graphics`Shape`. But that's now
> obsolete, and I get the following error message
> <<Graphics`Shapes`
> General::obspkg: Graphics`Shapes` is now obsolete. The legacy version
> \
> being loaded may conflict with current Mathematica functionality. See
> \
> the Compatibility Guide for updating information.
> If I highlight "TranslateShape" and press F1, I get a search
> failure ... (Transforming XML (XML Package Tutorial)
> If I highlight General::obspkg and press F1, I get a search
> failure ... (did not match any documents)
> If I search for "Compatibility Guide" I get nothing
> I'm completely hosed. The old stuff I needed for everything is just
> *poof* gone without a trace.
> Clues, anyone?

There are two ">>" at the end of the General::obspkg warning message.
If you click on it, it will take it you the Compatibility Guide, which

The functionality of RotateShape, TranslateShape, AffineShape is
provided by the newly added kernel functions Rotate, Translate, Scale
and GeometricTransformation.
Sphere and Cylinder are available as the new built-in kernel functions
Sphere and Cylinder.
Torus and MoebiusStrip are available in the kernel function