Re: [Mathematica 6] Save As HTML does not produce any output

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75691] Re: [mg75633] [Mathematica 6] Save As HTML does not produce any output
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:05:25 -0400 (EDT)

On my Windows XP Professional system with the "Professional" version of
Mathematica 6.0, your notebook saves as HTML almost instantly when I use
File > Save as.... Two subdirectories, HTMLFiles and HTMLLinks are
created in the same directory as qr.html (and qr.nb), with the first
containing gif's together with a css and a dtd file, the second being empty.

According to the Wolfram Research web site, the only differences between
the Student version and the Professional version are that: (1) the value
of $Version is different; (2) each printed page has "Mathematica for
Students" at the bottom; (3) there's a different startup screen; and (4)
there is no printed manual.

In short, there should be no functional difference between the two.

Nasser Abbasi wrote:
> Mathematica 6, student version, windows XP home edition.
> I tried this on 2 note books so far, and same result.
> I hope a notebook, the FILE->Save as and select HTML, and Save.
> Mathematica 6 now seems to get busy, but no files are written out in the
> folder specified. Nothing.
> Here is a notebook I tried it on
> save to PDF works fine.
> I have a feeling something is wrong with the HTML export in Mathematica 6.
> Could someone who has Mathematica 6 please verify?
> Nasser

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305