Mathematica 6.0 - Legend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75861] Mathematica 6.0 - Legend
  • From: Robert Pigeon <robert.pigeon at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 03:04:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

  I want to create a Legend on a ListLinePlot I made.  I have 4 data groups
I plot on one graph and I want to identify each one by its colour and a
name.

  I read about the Legend Package, but it seems, if I understand correctly,
to work only with Plot like graphs. I do not understand why it is so
difficult (it seems to me anyway) to add a legend to a graph. It is common
practice in science to identify a plot with a legend, so others can
understand your graphics. With the Plot command it seems straight forward to
do this with PlotLegend (mind you I do not see how I can move the legend
around...). Why this package is not available with all other graphics tools,
like ListPlot, ListLinePlot,....

Or maybe it is just me ...  J

Thanks,

Robert