Re: Re: v.6 RevolutionPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75947] Re: [mg75895] Re: [mg75852] v.6 RevolutionPlot3D
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 03:28:37 -0400 (EDT)

I see that example differently:  Given that the axes labels are in the
usual order x, y, z, all that's happening in the pre-computed output
cell is that the 3D image has been dragged with the mouse so as to
orient the z-axis toward the right (instead of up).

And one can do the same thing after evaluating the input cell and fake
the result by relabeling the axes so as to make it LOOK like the axis of
revolution is the x-axis of the y-axis.

The ViewVertical option, mentioned in a separate posting on this
subject, of course accomplishes the same thing.

Still, it does seem a shame not to have a direct option as to what the
axis of rotation is, as in the RevolutionAxis option for the pre-6.0
Graphics`SurfaceOfRevolution.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305