Re: error message Convert::incomp in units package of Mathematica 6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76036] Re: error message Convert::incomp in units package of Mathematica 6.0
  • From: Hannes Kessler <HannesKessler at hushmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 04:52:04 -0400 (EDT)

I survive without the error message as long as I give the correct
input to Convert. But consider the following example

Convert[Meter,Meter] --> Meter
Convert[10 Kilogram, Meter] --> 10 Kilogram

The behavior is similar in not changing the input, but requiring to
convert a mass to a length is obviously nonsense.
I admit, nobody will enter such an input manually, and as I know the
feature, I can live with it. Nevertheless, using the Units-packages
for programming of unit conversions I would prefer an error message
which helps in finding eventual errors.

Nevertheless, I don't want to be picky. Certainly Mathematica 6 is a
huge step in many other respects.

Regards,
Hannes Kessler