Re: Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76033] Re: [mg75971] Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 04:50:31 -0400 (EDT)

I was a vociferous critic of the OLD system, because it had no search
capability. For example, "vector" wasn't a keyword for the vector calculus
package documentation (as I recall), so you couldn't find it unless you
already knew where to find it. And there were millions of other examples.

Someone came up with a way to search the online documentation, and that
seems to have evolved into the new Help system.

There are frustrations with the new scheme, but I suspect they'll be
worked out.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com