Re: Compatibility woes

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg76109] Re: Compatibility woes
  • From: Mark Adler <madler at>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 05:36:04 -0400 (EDT)

On May 15, 1:46 am, Murray Eisenberg <mur... at> wrote:
> It's hardly "sudden": it's been nearly 2 entire years since 5.2 was
> realeased.

I've been using Mathematica for about 18 years.  I have had zero
compatibility problems in all that time, upgrading every time a new
version came out.  Zero problems that is, until I download 6.0 about a
week ago.  Now I've run into several compatibility problems, and I
have spent quite a bit of time on several notebooks trying to get them
work like they did before.

No problems for 18 years and a ton of problems in the last week seems
like perfectly good use of the word "sudden" to me.  :-)