Re: Compatibility woes

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg76191] Re: Compatibility woes
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 06:09:32 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/16/07 at 5:27 AM, murray at (Murray Eisenberg)

>In 6.0, you don't seem to need to load any package to use

This definitely is not true for my installation of version 6.0

If I type ToPackedArray in a fresh session it is colored blue
just like any other symbol I type that has not been defined. If
I execute Get["Developer`"] in another cell, the color
immediately turns from blue to black, indicating ToPackedArray
now has a definition.

This dynamic changing of color for symbols is one of the
features of version 6 I find quite handy. It has greatly reduced
problems I have with mis-typing something.