Image rotation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76408] Image rotation?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 06:09:07 -0400 (EDT)

I see that there's an "ImageRotated" option in Export[] -- but:

1)  This will only do 90 deg CW rotation, but no other options -- right?

[Actually, I don't see that the documentation actually says what
rotation is done.]

2)  Original image, in the Mathematica is not rotated -- correct?

3)  If I ImageRotate an image that I'm Exporting inPDF format (or other
formats, such as EPS), will that convert the page size or select
landscape mode for the surrounding artboard when I then open that image
in Illustrator or Acrobat?  (I'm guessing not).

4)  No other image rotation capabilities in Mathematica, right?  For
example, I can't code something like

   g1 = Plot[xxxxxxxxxxx]//Rotated

into a cell, and have g1 be rotated whenever it's used from then on?

Or, I can't write

   Show[GraphicsArray[{{g1, g2//Rotated, g3},
                                {g4//Rotated, g5, g6}}]

and achieve the obvious result?

Unless I'm missing something, this seems a significant lack of
capability.