Tick functions do not obey BaseStyle

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76607] Tick functions do not obey BaseStyle
  • From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:20:20 -0400 (EDT)

Tick functions do not obey BaseStyle:

tickfun[min_, max_] := Table[x, {x, min, max, (max - min)/10}]

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}, Ticks -> tickfun,
  BaseStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Times"}]

When this plot is exported to EPS or PDF, the tickmarks appear in
Courier instead of Times. It works with "Times New Roman", but in
earlier versions "Times" used to be a platform independent choice.