Version 6 - graphical glitch under Compiz in Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76602] Version 6 - graphical glitch under Compiz in Linux
  • From: Sebastian Meznaric <meznaric at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:17:44 -0400 (EDT)

I have discovered a weird graphical glitch under Compiz. Here's a link
to the picture:
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img01&img=/8/5/23/f_mathematicam_d988647.png

Mathematica seems to open Windows other than the main notebook. When
Compiz is turned off the glitch does not occur. It is not possible to
close the windows that appear - clicking on X does nothing except put
an asterisk in the title bar. However, if you enter some text in the
notebook and then click on quit the windows disappear before you
decide whether or not to save the file. Clicking cancel does not bring
the glitch back. Any ideas on a more permanent solution?