Re: Re: what are the options for the "String"

Chris,

No.  The "String" format is for reading and writing raw Mathematica
strings to/from a file
(http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/format/String.html)

If you need to read/write something with a CharacterEncoding, you should
use the "Text" format.
(http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/format/Text.html)

Thanks,

Igor

--
Igor C. Antonio
Wolfram Research, Inc.

To email me personally, remove the dash.