Re: Running math in shell with notebook as output

Gernot Pfanner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to run math in a shell so that I get a notebook (i.e.
> formatted output)? "math <input >output" just produces a file with the
> whole session.
> In this spirit
> With thanks for your efforts
> Yours Gernot

Since you are talking about the shell, I deduce that you are using UNIX.
The following FAQ should answer it all: "How do I set up Mathematica
batchfiles that I can let run overnight?" available at
http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/kernel/features/batchfiles.en.html

Regards,
Jean-Marc

P.S. For Windows users, the following FAQ is relevant: "How do I run
Mathematica for Windows in batch mode?" available at
http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/windows/general/winbatchmode.html