Re: Re: Mathematica 6(on linux) and beagle

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76722] Re: [mg76661] Re: [mg76615] Mathematica 6(on linux) and beagle
  • From: gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 04:37:32 -0400 (EDT)

  You're right. I should have mentioned that I'm running a decidedly
modern kernel (2.6.21) which DOES use inotify. Beagle properly indexes
new or changed documents (including Mathematica notebooks) in near-real
time. Again, it could just be a peculiarity of how I have things set up.
  Strange, though, that Mathematica's graphics is the only thing I've
found (so far) which causes this saturation of Beagle's indexing
methods.

         Thanks,
                 C.O.