Re: Compatibility woes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76781] Re: Compatibility woes
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 04:57:15 -0400 (EDT)

John Fultz wrote:

> Of course, the final word is rarely written on anything.  In the soon-to-be
> released incremental update to 6.0.0, one new menu item (Evaluate Notebook,
> another item we had stricken between 5.2 and 6.0) and a new submenu
> (Magnification under the Window menu) were added directly due to input we
> received on this forum.

I'm glad to hear that Evaluate Notebook is coming back. That's something
that I use every day, and I had to go and edit the MenuSetup.tr to get
it back.

Here's something I'd like to see in the Preferences: the ability to
globally turn on (or off) the EditBar and RulerBar. I (and almost
everyone I know) likes the EditBar always on, and I know some folks who
also like the RulerBar always on. (Toggling them on the Window menu
applies only to the active Window.) I know they can be set globally in
the Option Inspector, but to me these seem Preference worthy.

Oh, and while I'm at it: an "open file" icon would be a nice addition to
the EditBar.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont