Re: What to do in v. 6 in place of Miscellaneous`RealOnly
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg76831] Re: What to do in v. 6 in place of Miscellaneous`RealOnly
- From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 01:01:14 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: HPR <read at math.uvm.edu>
dimitris anagnostou wrote:
> I am a research associate aln also I teach applied mathematics
> and mechanics. But I must admit I don't have much experience
> of teaching a class of students.
> But, what is bad if the students would download a package
> and use from their computers?
> The worst that can happen is to fail to lad the package.
> But if they don't do mistakes how they will learn?
The students use university-owned computers all over campus. As Murray
Eisenberg discussed in another reply to this thread, the students
themselves cannot install packages on those computers, and it's really
not practical to try to get add-on packages installed everywhere. (I
wouldn't even know who to go to for some computer labs, or even know
where all the labs are.)
University of Vermont
Prev by Date:
equations on domains
Next by Date:
Re: Sierpinski's carpet
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: What to do in v. 6 in place of Miscellaneous`RealOnly
Next by thread: